The Bet365 brand is somewhat new in the US market having launched in 2019, but the name holds considerable sway on the international stage. Bet365.com launched in 2000 and has served more than 45 million customers from around the world since.
Bet365 came to the US by way of New Jersey in 2019 and holds a license for mobile sports betting and online gambling from the Division of Gaming Enforcement in partnership with Atlantic City’s Hard Rock Casino. As the US market matures, we can expect to see Bet365 further expand its presence across the country.
Bet365 is a family-owned online sportsbook that got its start in the UK as a chain of betting shops back in the 1970s. Today, Bet365 offers mobile betting and online casino games to customers in the USA as a fully licensed and legal gaming operator.
- Legal and licensed in the USA
- Extensive betting options for leagues around the world
- Easy to clear deposit bonus
- Live streaming sports video
- Ongoing promos are not particularly exciting
- Web interface looks a bit dated
The Bet365 brand may be unfamiliar to many of our readers today, but that will likely not be the case forever. Bet365 has developed a sort of specialty in entering new markets and rapidly gaining market share.
- Types of gambling offered: Sports betting and casino games
- Established: 1974
- Accepted customers: 21+ and located in New Jersey
- Deposit methods: Credit card, debit card, online banking, Bet365 prepaid card, PayNearMe, cash at Hard Rock Casino AC, Skrill, Paysafecard and PayPal
- Withdrawal methods: credit/debit card, Bet365 prepaid card, PayPal, Skrill and cash at Hard Rock Casino AC
Bet365 Company History
We note Bet365.com hit the internet in 2000, but the company itself dates back even farther. Well before the advent of online sports betting, Bet365 operated as a family-owned chain of UK betting shops established by Peter Coates in 1974.
Peter Coates brought his daughter Denise into the family business where she began as a cashier. Denise Coates learned the sports betting business firsthand, went off to college and then came back work as an accountant for the firm.
The family would later sell off the betting shops to another major UK sports betting firm to leave Denise Coates wondering what to do next. It was around this time online gambling was just beginning to take off and she decided to make a go of launching an online sportsbook.
This led to the launch of Bet365 in 2000 and from there the company expanded rapidly to eventually become a behemoth in online betting. Today, Bet365 today is one of the largest online betting companies in the world and the largest private company in the business.
With background history established, let us move now to the meat of today’s Bet365 review. Continuing on, we will discuss what Bet365 does well, where it could improve and what you can expect should you decide to sign up for an account.
Bet365 Bonus and Promotions
The Bet365 bonus for new customers is a bit on the smaller side but is one of the easiest to clear and actually proves useful compared to some of the other offers we have reviewed to date. Ongoing promotions for returning customers tend to revolve around early payouts and enhanced odds on parlays.
New Customer Bonus: 100% up to $100
Sign up for an account at Bet365 and make a deposit of at least $10 within 30 days to claim a 100% match bonus worth up to $100 in site credit. No bonus code is needed to claim this offer.
After you deposit, your bet credits will be considered pending until you place an equal amount of wagers with your own money. For example, if you deposit $100 to get a $100 bonus, you will need to place $100 worth of wagers to unlock your free bet credits.
Your free bet credits can be used on any market for any sport. Anything you win is automatically cleared for withdrawal, but site credit will not be included in any winnings.
This bonus is easy to clear as it is only unlocked after placing an equal amount of wagers with your own money. The only thing to keep in mind is at least one of the wagers you make while clearing this bonus must have odds of -500 or better. For example, wagers at odds of -450, -200, +150 and +300 would all count.
Ongoing promotions are subject to change at any time, but the following offers were available at the time this review was written. In any case, these do provide a look into the types of promos Bet365 tends to offer.
- NFL Early Payout: Bet365 will grade your pre-game straight bets and parlays legs as winners if your team gets ahead by 17 points at any time.
- NBA Early Payout: If your team gets ahead by 20 points at any time, Bet365 will grade that wager a winner and pay you immediately.
- NHL Early Payout: Bet365 will pay your NHL wager immediately if your team gets ahead by three goals at any point.
- Multi Sport Parlay Bonus: Place a pre-game parlay involving two or more selections on US sports for a bonus of 5% to 50% added to your winnings. The more legs in your parlay, the bigger the payout bonus.
- Tennis Parlay Bonus: Earn up to 50% more on your tennis parlays when you place a parlay with two or more selections.
- Early Soccer Payout: Place a pre-match bet on the winner of any game in the EPL, English Championship, English FA Cup, English EFL Cup, group stage matches in the UEFA Champions League and group stage matches in the UEFA Europa League.
- Euro Basketball Parlay Bonus: Place a pre-game parlay including two or more selections from Euroleague or Euro Cup for a parlay payout bonus of 5% to 50%.
Bet365 Sports Betting Review
Bet365 stands unique among online betting operators in many respects due to the company’s penchant to develop technology in-house rather than outsource development to the same handful of third-party providers used by most of the competition.
This tendency to develop its own technology has also enabled Bet365 to move faster on opportunities than many of its publicly traded competitors. For instance, Bet365.com was an early mover on in-play betting and in launching a dedicated mobile app for smartphone users.
While other betting sites rely on the innovations of their software partners, Bet365 itself has the ability to innovate in response to customer demand. The end result is a mobile sportsbook that does not quite look or feel like the many others that operate in the market today.
That being said, we’re still just talking about sports betting here. Like the other online sportsbooks on the market, Bet365 lists upcoming games and popular leagues on the front page, provides quick links to in-play betting events that are in progress and provides a simple navigation menu to browse each sports league.
Available Sports Markets
Bet365.com covers every major sport in the US and abroad. Each sport is covered in great detail, to the point you will find everything from standard NFL games all the way down to second division Japanese soccer.
|Golf||Motor Sports||Rugby League||Rugby Union|
Types of Wagers Offered
To date, Bet365 offers more betting markets per individual sporting event than any other sportsbook we have reviewed. A recent NFL game, for example, was covered with 201 wagering options that included all the standard moneylines and point spreads along with totals, props, 1st quarter props, 1st half props and many more.
Bet365 Sportsbook also offers custom parlays, advanced parlays and banker bets can be created by adding multiple selections to your betting slip. The options for customizing advanced parlays are numerous.
Bet365 Live Streaming Sports
Bet365 provides more live streaming sports feeds than any other sportsbook on the market today. If you have a funded account or have placed a wager within the last 24 hours, you can watch live soccer, tennis, basketball, snooker, darts, cricket and squash matches from your desktop or mobile device.
Live streaming video is still relegated to mostly minor sports for now, but that is par for the course in the United States. As the US sports betting market matures, we will look for Bet365 and other operators to strike deals with the major leagues (think NFL and NBA).
Interface and Presentation
The Bet365 website does not look as polished as many of its competitors and looks somewhat dated by modern standards. In fact, the interface has not changed much over the last decade or more.
However, this may be a case of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” The Bet365 interface provides a straightforward listing of popular wagers and leagues, a simple navigation menu and clear labels that explain where everything is.
Visiting the football tab, for example, provides a full list of all upcoming games for all leagues. You can further drill down to the NFL in particular to visit a page listing the next slate of NFL games along with point spread, moneyline and totals odds. This page also shows how many markets are offered for each game, and selecting any game brings up a full list of wagering options for that particular game.
Once you’re inside the game page, you can further refine the list of wagers by selecting tabs dedicated to specific categories of wagers such as “main markets,” “main props,” “score props,” “1st half props” and so on.
Bet365 manages to squeeze a lot of information and markets onto each page, so the text may be a bit small for some readers.
Bet365 Mobile Betting App Review
Mobile users can download the official mobile app for iOS and Android devices or head to Bet365.com for a mobile-optimized version of the website.
In each instance, the mobile experience largely resembles the full desktop interface with all the same types of wagers, in-play betting options and live streaming capabilities left intact.
The mobile app launches quickly and wagers the book is generally organized in an intuitive manner. We did find ourselves scrolling a bit more than we would like at times, but that is to be expected when single events are covered by upwards of 200 markets in some cases.
We also noticed a number of little touches that combine to make this app feel like a well-designed product. For example, you will notice that if you visit an in-play betting event and scroll down to view more wagers, the graphic depiction of the court/field automatically resizes to make more room for viewing the odds. Scroll back up to the top and the graphic snaps back into place in its original position.
In-Play Betting Review
In-play betting is one of Bet365’s bigger strong points. Bet365 covers more in-play betting events, offers more markets on each event and provides more live streaming video than any other sportsbook in the US today.
Visiting the in-play tab on any given day will show a full calendar of events spanning the world of professional and collegiate sports. Visiting any specific game will bring you to a page dedicated to that event with a list of markets open for betting along with updated odds and either a live stream of the match or a digital view of the match showing the action on the field (see screenshots below).
The types of wagers offered for in-play events covers standard point spreads and totals with odds updated in real time along with many other live betting options such as the race to X number of points, next scoring play, winning margin and a whole variety of props.
In-Play Betting Screenshots
Bet365 Casino Review
A quick look at Bet365 Casino makes it pretty clear early on that casino gambling is more of an add-on than a core business focus. The game collection at Bet365 Casino is on the small side with a basic lineup of slots, table games and video poker but no live dealer games.
In our opinion, the casino at Bet365 is best viewed as a fun diversion between sports wagers rather than as a strong point all on its own. Pure casino players would likely find a site such as BetMGM a better option as it has a much larger collection of games.
There are two ways to access Bet365 Casino depending on whether you’re mobile or are accessing from a desktop computer. If you’re mobile, you will need to download the casino-specific Bet365 Casino app for iOS or Android. The sportsbook app does not offer casino games.
If you’re visiting Bet365 from a desktop computer, you can simply head to Bet365.com to play the games online there. However, it should be noted the Bet365 Casino app offers a broader game selection than the website. The same username and password you use to log in to the sportsbook also works for the casino.
Gaming options at Bet365 Casino include:
- Online slots (180 games)
- Virtual table games (9 games)
- Video poker (1 game)
Bet365 Casino Bonuses and Promotions
Bet365 does not offer a casino-specific bonus at this time. The $100 new customer promotion detailed earlier is offered strictly for sports betting customers with terms and conditions that specifically exclude the bonus from being used to play casino games.
This is just one of the reasons Bet365 Casino strikes us as more of an afterthought than a serious attempt to corner the US casino gambling market. Right now, 90% of the company’s focus in the United States is on sports betting.
Slots at Bet365 are organized into categories for “premium,” “bonus” and “video slot” games in a manner that feels somewhat random. You’ll find a variety of games under each category and will need to either scroll down to find the game you want or run a search for a particular game.
Providers such as NetEnt, NextGen and NYX all supply games to offer a variety of styles and stakes. While NetEnt slots provide the latest in graphics and bonus games, titles by NYX offer a more traditional experience akin to something you would find on the floor of a land-based casino.
There is just one progressive jackpot game to be found here, which is a bit of a letdown. The good news is that game is Divine Fortune, one of the more popular progressive jackpot machines known for dishing out massive payouts on a fairly frequent basis.
Bet365’s table game lineup clocks in at just nine games in total with no baccarat or craps to be found.
The table game collection includes:
- Blackjack (3 variations)
- Roulette (5 variations)
- Let It Ride
Video poker is sorely lacking at Bet365 casino with just one game on offer: Game King Video Poker by IGT.
Bet365 Deposit Methods
Getting money into and out of Bet365 is a simple process thanks to a variety of deposit methods that are easy to use. Whether you prefer to use cash, credit or online banking, Bet365 has an option that will suit your needs.
- Online banking: This method uses your bank’s online banking feature to authorize an instant transfer of funds to your Bet365 account.
- Debit and credit card: Bet365 accepts Visa and Mastercard deposits.
- PayPal: PayPal is a third-party e-wallet that supports instant online deposits from your bank account to PayPal and then on to your Bet365 account.
- Bet365 Prepaid Mastercard: This is a prepaid debit card that you can fund online with a credit card, debit card or PayPal. Once you apply for a Bet365 Prepaid Mastercard, you can make a deposit that same day. You will also receive a physical card in the mail that can be used to access your funds from any Mastercard-friendly ATM and to make purchases in-person or online.
- PayNearMe: Fund your Bet365 account with physical cash by choosing PayNearMe as your deposit method and then taking an electronic pay slip to your nearest 7-Eleven to pay with cash.
- Paysafecard: Paysafecard vouchers can be purchased in-person with cash at various locations and then redeemed online at Bet365.
- Cash at Hard Rock Casino AC: Visit Hard Rock Casino in Atlantic City to fund your Bet365 account with cash. Bring. Your Bet365 account details, an ID and cash to complete your deposit.
- Skrill: Skrill is an e-wallet similar to PayPal that can be funded with a credit card, debit card, instant online banking or online bank transfer. After you have funded your Skrill account, you can transfer those funds to Bet365.
Winnings and unused deposits may be withdrawn from Bet365 via:
- Bet365 Prepaid Mastercard
- Deposit back to your credit card or debit card
- Cash at Hard Rock Casino AC